Monday, May 25, 2009

Acrylic Painting -- Great Falls Arts Association

Savannah, Wynston, and I recently attended our first meeting on May 14th with the Great Falls Arts Association. The topic was acrylic painting with a guest speaker by the name of Dave Maloney. See my new blogsite at this link which has some of his artwork and notes displayed: http://greatfallsartsassoc.blogspot.com/

Here is a picture Savannah created while at the meeting. She is a dancer.



I also did a couple of things. This is my first time picking up a paint brush to paint a picture. It is something I have just never tried. I like to draw, but knowing what kinds of paints and different techniques -- such as the term "washings" just seems to escape me. I am determined to try more till I can get pictures in my head to look the same on the paper. I fear this may take many years however.




Also, Wynston did not feel inspired during the meeting. He is more into painting his puzzles than trying to lay something out on a piece of paper from scratch. Different aspects of art appeal to different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment