Monday, May 25, 2009

Silly Monster Art -- To Scare the Bees Away



Young man Avery came back into the house very abruptly after having just gone out the door this past Saturday. I asked what was the matter. He replied, "I saw a bee." This is a new fear/worry he has been developing since before our move from Tennessee.


I told him as the summer pretty months are shorter here in Montana than he is accustomed to that he should be outside as much as possible now days. Very hesitant to do so, I came up with a plan of me joining him. On the way out the door I grabbed a sketch book and some drawing books along with his new twisty crayons. After reviewing his options, Avery decided on The Silly Monsters book.



It is a wonderful book that gives you options for the facial shape, eyes, nose, mouth, body, feet, and extras that you can pick one at a time to create your own special monster. Avery came up with two characters and had much pleasure in also deciding what colors he wanted to pick for each part on his monster.




I love the name he gave his first one. He has something in mind for the second guy, but we have not labeled him as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment